Thursday, September 15, 2005

Let's Help Them

So, unless you live under a rock, you know about Hurricane Katrina. I've been watching the reports and it is all very devastating. One of the things that hits me the most, is that the people couldn't take their pets. Some of you will think I am crazy for saying this, but I would die before I left Festus behind. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see a stranded pet or even someone with their pet. To some people, losing a pet is like losing a child. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the people, but pets can't do anything without the help of others. There are now a few places that are helping to go rescue the pets and get them back to their owners or another good home. I really like the following organization http://news.bestfriends.org/
Here are a few pictures of pets they have already rescued.





No comments: